We are seeking a Data Science Intern who has excellent written and oral communication skills, is creative, positive, self-motivated, and willing to jump in and learn through experience. To perform well in this internship you need to understand machine learning techniques like classification and regression, and how to evaluate various models, demonstrate strong understanding of R and/or Python, and git, and be comfortable writing SQL and stored procedures. You should also know your way around the shell and Linux and be a great problem solver.
The intern should be a self-starter who can work in a dynamic environment, independently and as part of a larger team. The intern will be challenged to think of creative solutions to database and website issues and will need to effectively communicate possible solutions with the internal team. If you’re collaborative, hardworking, and have a sense of humor, you’re on your way to being a great fit to join our team.
Good candidates will have or know:
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- A knack for learning quickly
- Python and/or R
- Linux and a shell (bash, zsh, etc.)
The best candidates will have or know:
- Hands-on experience with Redshift or dashDB
- Created models with Tensorflow and/or Keras
- A frontend framework, e.g. React or Angular
- Knowledge of the AWS ecosystem
- Uncover insights from various data sources, both relational and unstructured
- Create clear and concise visualizations based on findings
- Develop, train, and test classification models to predict client customer behavior
Please send resume, cover letter and work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Data Science Internship’.